Online WSET L1 Weekly Evenings
The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is the ideal starting point for anybody new to wine or those beginning a career in wine or hospitality.
What the course covers:
• The basic skills and product knowledge required for the service and retail of wine
• The main types and styles of wine
• Common wine grapes and their characteristics
• How to make food and wine pairings
• How to store and serve wine
• How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications and Credits Framework as a Level 1 Vocational Qualification.
We recommend you read the course specification document before you sign up for the course. You can read this document by clicking here
• This course is an online evening course format, delivered over 3 consecutive Tuesday evenings
• The Level 1 Award in Wines online course covers the same syllabus as the classroom course and is delivered in LIVE virtual lessons by one of our certified wine educators
• The course includes 6 hours online tuition in 3 x 2hr sessions
• Your tutor will provide a guided tasting of 6 wines with you on this course (for details of how to order the wines for your course see below)
• You will receive access to practice multiple-choice revision questions specific to this course
• You will be sent details of how to join your LIVE sessions when you book
Please note a reliable broadband connection is essential for the completion of this online course as is basic computer skills.
• To obtain the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Qualification, you will need to successfully pass the exam. The exam is made up of 30 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 45 minutes. You must answer at least 70% correctly to pass the exam.
• With our online course you can sit your exam online or locally at Newcastle Wine School at no additional cost.
Course Schedule & Important Dates:
Registration Deadline: Tuesday 29th December
Tuesday 12th January 2021 7pm to 9.00pm 1st online classroom session
Tuesday 19th January 2021 7pm to 9.00pm 2nd online classroom session
Tuesday 26th January 2021 7pm to 9.00pm 3rd online classroom session
The course fee of £145.00 includes:
• Course study guide, posted to you at no extra charge
• LIVE virtual, interactive sessions taught by a Local Wine School WSET Certified Tutor
• Exclusive access to practice multiple choice questions
• Internationally recognised WSET qualification certificate and pin for those who pass the exam
• Option to sit exam online on a date chosen by you or to attend a revision session and sit the exam at Newcastle Wine School
It is recommended that 6 wines are tasted as part of this course, although this is optional and not essential to complete the course. Please note that the cost of wines is not included in the course fee above.
You will be sent a list of the recommended wines which you can buy locally for each evening or alternatively our wine experts have specially selected wines for this course aligned to demonstrate specific learning outcomes. They have even negotiated a specially discounted price only available to our online students.
The price of the 6 bottle case is £60 including delivery.
Details of how to order your case of wines will be provided when you book your place.
Special Educational Needs:
Please make the school aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Tue 12th Jan 2021 at 7.00
Duration: 2 hrs x 3 sessions
Venue: At Home