Introduction to Beer
A special Introductory Evening - want to learn more about beer in just one evening? This fascinating tasting will guide you through the world of craft beer and start you on your journey of beer discovery. We will taste at least seven beers and provide many pointers that will enhance your appreciation of this exciting and rapidly developing sector.
COURSE OUTLINE - Over 2 hours we will;
• Taste the difference between pale, crystal and dark malts and understand how this ingredient contributes colour, flavour and aroma to individual beer styles
• Understand hop varieties from around the world, and how they contribute aroma, taste and bitterness to individual beer styles
• Learn about the brewing process
• Evaluate and taste at least 7 different beers: wheat, lager, pale ale, India pale ale, stout, Abbey and sour
• Describe the characteristics of each of these beer styles
• Understand how and why each beer style evolved
• Learn the principles of beer and food pairing
• This course is for people who enjoy beer and want to have a bit of fun learning, no previous experience necessary!
Do you know someone who might like this tasting? Like all our events this is available to book as a gift voucher. Just book a place below, click on the email when you receive your confirmation, request a voucher and we'll do the rest.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Wed 6th Mar 2019 at 7.00 pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Blackfriars, Newcastle