Saturday Beer and Food Experience
The world craft beer revolution has really taken off and here at Newcastle Wine School we love our beers! From locally crafted ales made by independent breweries to artisan international styles such as American craft beers or the lambic beers of Belgium.
This five hour Introductory Course, including lunch, is the perfect introduction to craft beer for those new to this hoppy heaven, it is also a great opportunity for craft beer enthusiasts to learn a little more about pairing food to the beers they love.
Over the course of 5 hours (Saturday 11.00am to 4.00pm) we will;
• Taste the difference between pale, crystal and dark malts and understand how this ingredient contributes colour, flavour and aroma to individual beer styles
• Understand hop varieties from around the world, and how they contribute aroma, taste and bitterness to individual beer styles
• Learn about the brewing process
• Evaluate and taste 14 different beers: in addition to wheat, lager, pale ale, India pale ale, stout, Abbey and sour, you will also sample Weisse, dark lager, saison, American pale ale, imperial stout, Trappist and lambic
• Describe the characteristics of each of these beer styles
• Understand how and why each beer style evolved
• Taste each beer with its perfect food pairing
• Enjoy a delicious two-course lunch at Blackfriars, Friars Street, NE1 4XN - one of Newcastle's most recognised restaurants
Do you know someone who might like this tasting? Like all our events this is available to book as a gift voucher. Just book a place below, click on the email when you receive your confirmation, request a voucher and we'll do the rest.
Places remaining: 18
Course Date/Time: Sat 16th Mar 2019 at 11am to 4 pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Blackfriars, Newcastle