The 8 Week World of Wine Course
WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR?
The Introductory 8 week World of Wine Course is a comprehensive course structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine. The course starts with a focus on the main wine producing countries of Europe before shifting our attention the the New World countries. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. You do not need any previous experience, the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
Every Thursday evening 7.00 to 9.00 from Thursday 10th January 2019
Week 1 Introduction to France
Week 2 Introduction to Italy
Week 3 Introduction to Spain
Week 4 New Wines of Europe
Week 5 Exploring Argentina and Chile
Week 6 Exploring California and the USA
Week 7 Exploring Australia and New Zealand
Week 8 Around the World in 8 Wines - Emerging New World Wines
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
No problem - Pick up the missed session on the next World Course, or get a credit you can use for any of our NWS Courses and Tastings - Simples!
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THE COURSE ?
By the end of the 8 Evenings :
- You will have tasted over 50 different wines
- You will have gained a good understanding of the Worlds Major Grape Varieties and the wine styles they produce.
- You will have been taught to assess, & taste wine like a true professional, and be able to identify a corked wine.
- You will have been introduced to wines from most of the worlds major wine regions!
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods.
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and tasty nibbles are all provided.
Please Note: There is an additional charge (in addition to the Course Fee of £115.00) of £10 per Evening payable on the night. Great value - total cost still less than £25.00 per Evening!
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Thu 10th Jan 2019 at 7.00 pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Blackfriars, Newcastle