WSET 7-Day Level 3 Award Course
WSET Level 3 Award - Mondays
Mondays for 7 sessions - 16,23,30 October November 6,13,20,27 2017
This well-structured and in-depth Level 3 Certificate is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain comprehensive knowledge of wines and spirits and build upon the knowledge gained at Intermediate level. You will acquire a thorough understanding of the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wines from key wine producing regions of the world. You will also develop analytical tasting skills using the systematic approach to tasting as tasting will be part of the examinations. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 3 Vocational Qualification and provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the Diploma Level 4.
If you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products. This course is suitable for someone in a supervisory level position in wine sales and service.
Monday Sessions - who are they designed for?
- We run Monday sessions so you can take a longer weekend thus not disrupting your working week too much
- This are ideal for food & drink professionals as Monday is often a quiet working day
- The sessions run for 7-8 hours, starting at 10am and finishing around 5.00 include lunch, which enables you plenty of time to arrive on time and enough time to enjoy your valued Monday evening
- There are 6 full sessions and an exam session, spread out over 7 weeks. The final exam day is 10am - 4pm.
Indicative Course Outline (all Mondays)
- 16 October - Session 1 - Course Starter, tasting technique, grape-growing & winemaking
- 23 October - Session 2 - France; Burgundy, Alsace, Bordeaux, Loire, Rhone & others
- 30 October - Session 3 - Germany, Austria, Hungary, Italy
- 6 October - Session 4 - Spain, Portugal, North America, Chile
- 13 October - Session 5 - Argentina, SA, Australia, New Zealand, Sparkling Wines
- 20 October - Session 6 - Fortified Wines, Other wines
- 27 October - Session 7 - Revision Session, Exam
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; Course manual, Study Guide, Specification book and Tasting Card
- All tasting wine (approx 70-80 wines)
- All course handouts (we have a comprehensive database of practice questions)
- All course tuition
- Examination Papers (Theory Multiple Choice & Written plus Tasting Paper)
Places remaining: 10
Course Date/Time: Mon 16th Oct 2017 at 10am to 5.00pm
Duration: 7 weeks
Venue: Northern Counties Club,11 Hood St., Newcastle NE1 6LH