WSET Level 3 Award 7 Day Course
WSET Level 3 Award - Mondays
Mondays for 7 sessions - 8,15,29 April, 13, 20 May, 3,10 June 2019
Please note that in order to accommodate the Easter Bank Holiday Monday 22 April and May Bank Holidays Monday 6th and 27th May there will be no classes on these dates allowing you extra private study time!
This well-structured and in-depth Level 3 Certificate is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain comprehensive knowledge of wines and spirits and build upon the knowledge gained at Intermediate level. You will acquire a thorough understanding of the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wines from key wine producing regions of the world. You will also develop analytical tasting skills using the systematic approach to tasting as tasting will be part of the examinations.
If you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products. This course is suitable for someone in a supervisory level position in wine sales and service.
Monday Sessions - who are they designed for?
- We run Monday sessions so you can take a longer weekend thus not disrupting your working week too much
- This are ideal for food & drink professionals as Monday is often a quiet working day
- The sessions run for 7-8 hours, starting at 10am and finishing around 5.00, which enables you plenty of time to arrive on time and enough time to enjoy your valued Monday evening
- There are 6 full sessions and an exam session, spread out over 7 weeks. The final exam day is 10am - 4pm.
Illustrative Course Outline (all Mondays)
- Session 1 - Course Starter, tasting technique, grape-growing & winemaking
- Session 2 - France; Burgundy, Alsace, Bordeaux, Loire, Rhone & others
- Session 3 - Germany, Austria, Hungary, Italy
- Session 4 - Spain, Portugal, North America, Chile
- Session 5 - Argentina, SA, Australia, New Zealand, Sparkling Wines
- Session 6 - Fortified Wines
- Session 7 - Revision Session, Exam
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; Course manual, Study Guide, Specification book and Tasting Card
- All tasting wine (approx 70-80 wines)
- All course handouts
- We teach you the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine ®
- 7 days of professional WSET tuition by WSET Certified tutor
- Examination Papers & Fees (Theory Multiple Choice & Written plus Tasting Paper)
- internationally-recognised certificate and Level 3 lapel badge
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Mon 8th Apr 2019 at 10am to 5.00pm
Duration: 7 weeks
Venue: Northern Counties Club, 11 Hood St,Newcastle, NE1 6LH