Bristol Sat Intro to Wine Course
11am to 4 pm - including Champagne & delicious 3-course wine-matching lunch @ Goldbrick House
COURSE OUTLINE >
- · Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- · New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- · Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- · Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- · How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
- · Improve your senses! - Aroma wheel, Nez du Vin
- 3 Course food & wine matching lunch
- · How to taste wine like a professional – aroma, taste, describing wines
- · Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- · Tutored Tasting of 12 Wines
- · The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- · Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- · Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.
Places Available: 14
Course Date/Time: Sat 5th Apr 2014 at 11am to 4 pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: GoldBrick House, Bristol