Christmas Saturday Intro to Wine Course
Boost your wine knowledge and wine buying confidence this Christmas with our full day Introduction to Wine Course.
11am to 4 pm - including Champagne & delicious 2-course lunch at award-winning Blackfriars
· Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
· New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
· Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
· Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
· How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
· Improve your senses! - Nez du Vin
· How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
· Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
· Tutored Tasting of 12 Wines
· The effect of climate on the taste of wine
· Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
· Essential Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice to ensure your Christmas lunch is perfectly paired .
Places remaining: 16
Course Date/Time: Sat 24th Nov 2018 at 11am to 4 pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Blackfriars, Newcastle