Edinburgh Introduction to Wine Course
11am to 4 pm - including Champagne & delicious lunch @ Royal Scots Club.
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
- Improve your senses! - Aroma wheel, Nez du Vin
- How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 12 Wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.
Places Available: 9
Course Date/Time: Sat 29th Jun 2013 at 11am to 4 pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Royal Scots Club, Edinburgh