British Beers to try - before you die
We will taste a selection of properly made British Ales including a sprinkling from some of the thriving small breweries alive & well in the North East (eg High House Farm, Wylam, Durham, Big Lamp etc) ! They are all produced in the old-fashioned way - ie bottle conditioned, live beers made from quality specialist hops, & malt not to be confused with the anaemic, tasteless, & pasteurised offerings produced by the large commercial breweries - that pass for beer in a lot of our bars and pubs! If you have never tasted the real thing - you are in for a very pleasant surprise! The beers will be accompanied by some traditional English fayre.
This course includes:
- 6 real ales from the British Isles
- Nibbles such as sausages and cheese to compliment the beers
- Electronic presentation on the history of beer production in Britain
- Presentation on 'How to Make Beer' including samples of malt and hops
- Information about where you can enjoy the best real ales in Newcastle today- real ale pubs and stockists
- Tasting notes on your beers
- Guide to beer labels- how to pick a real ale that you will love
This evening can be purchased as a Gift Voucher- simple email us at firstname.lastname@example.org after you have booked your place and we can send you a Gift Voucher valid for this course- easy!
Places Available: 7
Course Date/Time: Wed 6th Mar 2013 at 7.00pm
Duration: 2 hrs
Venue: Blackfriars Newcastle