10 Week World Course £115
“Great course, learned a lot and had fun doing it!” - 5 of 5 stars Reviewed 13 November 2011 NEW - The 10 week wine course was great - and it was the second time I'd done it! Chris's knowledge mixed with practical suggestions throughout the course made it both enjoyable and interesting. The choices of wine made it all the more worthwhile as, generally speaking, they would not have been wines I would have necessarily chosen. These courses are great for novices and more experienced people alike and the atmosphere is friendly and in no way stuffy. Paul R - Sep 2011 ..More reviews below....
The 10-week Introductory World of Wine Course is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. You do not need any previous experience, the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
This 10-week Course can also be purchased as a great Gift idea for any occasion!
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
No problem - Pick up the missed session on the next World Course, or get a credit you can use for any of our NWS Courses and Tastings - Simples!
You will soon learn which wines you like and where to buy them.
- Taste over 60 delicious wines in 10 weeks at minimal cost!
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be between £4.99 and £14.99.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the worlds major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Grenache & many others.
- Taste the worlds major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillon, Viognier, Pinot Grigio, Chenin Blanc, & many others
: There is an additional charge (in addition to the Course Fee of £115.00) of £10 per Evening payable on the night. Great value - total cost still only £21.50 per Evening!
COURSE PROGRAMME - WORLD (10 weeks):
1. Australia - The different regions; plus tasting skills, aroma tests, understanding wine labels
2. France I - Bordeaux; plus how wine is made, importance of blends
3. Chile & Argentina; plus the importance of climate & weather
4. France II - Loire, Burgundy & Rhone; plus the use of oak, other wine treatments, organic wine
5. Italy - The regions; plus food and wine matching
6. South Africa & Greece, plus how to store wine & why
7. Alsace & Germany; plus how to serve wine - temperature & decanting
8. North America & New Zealand; plus common wine faults
9. Spain & Portugal; plus new regions, new wines, supermarket Vs independents
10. Champagne & Sparkling Wines from around the World - how its made, difference between Vintage/Non Vintage. What is Premier/Grand Cru? Where to buy the best Champagne/Sparkling Wines.
“Brilliant course, learned loads and tasted plenty ! I did the 10-wk course about £200 overall and well worth it. Some of the wines you get a chance to taste are fantastic and you learn a great deal from an incredibly knowledgeable teacher. Met lots of new people. Really good way to spend an evening. Will definately be signing up for one of the 5-wk special courses for a specific country. Thank you!" Chris Hall. Oct 2011
Tues 10 Sep to 12 Nov 2013 - WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR? The introductory 10 week World of Wine Course is structured as a practical introduction to the
Places remaining: 9