Saturday Courses + lunch £85
11am to 4pm - including Champagne, & delicious 2-course lunch @ award-winning Blackfriars Restaurant, and a tutored tasting of 12 superb wines.
Our Newcastle Saturday Courses take place at Blackfriars, Friars Street, NE1 4XN - one of Newcastle's most recognised restaurants (Recommended by Michelin, Hardens and Which? Good Food Guides, voted best Restaurant in Newcastle by Observer readers, Taste of England Award - North East England Tourism Awards 2013).
Passionate about wine & want to learn more? Each course is a fascinating introduction to the world of Wine. Do you want to discover fascinating and delicious new wines & grape varieties? Do you want to taste a wide variety of wines and understand what makes them so different ? Do you want to know which wine to drink with what food? Then these are the courses for you ! It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
- Improve your senses! - Aroma wheel, Nez du Vin
- How to taste wines – aroma, taste, & describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 12 Wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.
This is a great opportunity to meet like-minded people and taste world-class wines with a delicious lunch crammed in too!
We also run these Courses in many other locations across the UK!
Our Saturday Wine Courses also make a great Gift idea for any occasion!
1100 - 1230 Course – Morning session incl Champagne
1230 – 1345 Lunch @ award-winning Blackfriars restaurant
1345 – 1600 Course – Afternoon session
See below for full Course Details
11am to 4pm - including Champagne and delicious 2-course lunch at award-winning Blackfriars COURSE OUTLINE · Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions · New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa,
Places remaining: 8
Date/Time: 25th Apr 2020 at 11am to 4 pm
Venue: Blackfriars Newcastle