EDINBURGH Wine Events from £22.50
Exciting NEW Wine Courses & Wine Tastings from £22.50!
Edinburgh Introduction to Wine Course - 11am to 4 pm - including Champagne, a delicious lunch, & selection of cheeses with the wines - only £85.
We have also introduced a NEW Introductory Wine Evening on Thurs 8 Aug - 7pm to 9pm - for only £22.50!
Passionate about wine & want to learn more? Each course is a fascinating introduction to the World of Wine. Do you want to discover fascinating and delicious new wines & grape varieties? Do you want to taste a wide variety of wines and understand what makes them so different ? Do you want to know which wine to drink with what food? Then these are the courses for you ! It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
All our Edinburgh Wine Courses & Tastings are based at the Royal Scots Club, 30 Abercromby Place, Edinburgh. EH3 0BR (just off Queen St).
This Course also makes A PERFECT GIFT for any occasion - & when you book the course we can post you a Gift Voucher in an attractive presentation wallet, left blank for you to add your own message. The Gift Voucher & Wallet will arrive in a plain envelope - so the gift remains a secret! Delivery is FREE & there is NO EXPIRY DATE on our Gift Vouchers!
The courses run on several Saturdays throughout the year - so there will be plenty of dates to choose from!
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
- Improve your senses! - Aroma wheel, Nez du Vin
- How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 12 Wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.
STOP PRESS! Our brand new WINE SCHOOL in EDINBURGH will open its doors in AUGUST 2013. We are now running our fabulous Saturday Wine Courses & from Thursday 8 AUGUST 2013 will be running Evening Wine Courses & Evening Wine Tastings from 7pm to 9pm on weekday evenings. To request a latest List of Edinburgh Wine Events - click here!